Well, if you were hoping to see Seth with his umbilical cord stump still attached, you’re too late! The rest of him is still quite adorable, though, so it’s still worth the visit to come see us…

Sunday afternoon was spent doing Christmas with my immediate family. With 6 adults and 3 children under 4 years old in a 700 sq ft house, it was a bit chaotic, to say the least. I was very happy to see everyone, though, especially Annika and Saben, who were extremely cute as always. Every time I see Saben, he blows me away with how much he has grown up.

I cooked dinner, along with some help from my Mom, and my parents did all of the dishes afterwards. I told them that them doing the dishes was the best Christmas present I could have hoped for. I think they thought I was kidding.

Todd’s family over for Christmas

On Monday, we relaxed most of the day. Seth didn’t want to sleep, and was nursing or looking around or sucking on his hands or waving his hands around all day long. In the evening, Betsy’s parents and brother came over, bringing dinner with them (and also doing the dishes after dinner). It was a pretty laid-back evening as well.

Grandpa Gordon and Seth

On Tuesday, we went to our local doctor for the first time, and introduced her to Seth. The check-up went smoothly again, and there were no concerns. After the appointment, Seth reversed the previous day’s trend and ended up sleeping almost all day long. We had to wake him repeatedly to make sure he ate frequently enough.

Here’s a few pictures from when he was awake:

The evening ended with a visit from Aaron and Gina. It was great to see them, and it was nice to have a conversation with Aaron about something other than babies, one of my first such conversations in the last two weeks.

Today, I started working again a bit from home. I’m easing back into my work – 4 hours today and Thursday, working from home; 8 hours in the office on Friday; 4 hours Mon-Wed next week, working from home; Thursday off; 8 hours in the office on Friday. It’s been a good trial run to see how Betsy can manage without my assistance. Seth was on another of his “stay awake all day” trends today, so it was somewhat difficult for her, but they survived with minimal assistance from me during that 4 hour stretch.

I’ve got a pile of dishes calling my name, so I better get to work on those. I’ll post another update as soon as I can!